A walkway dotted with these luminarias warmly ushers guests into your home's embrace.
What You Need:
- Small plastic bucket, such as gallon ice cream bucket
- Cranberries, cherries, or other fruits
- Clear plastic disposable cup
- Duct tape
- Votive candle
1. Line sides and bottom of bucket with fruit. Place plastic cup in middle so top of cup is level with top of bucket (you may need to add extra branches beneath the cup). Continue filling in fruit and greens between cup and sides of bucket.
2. Place two pieces of duct tape at right angles across bucket opening to keep cup from floating around.
3. Fill area between bucket and cup with water.
4. Put bucket in freezer or outside until frozen. It will take 8 to 24 hours to freeze. To unmold, set bucket in sink filled with hot water to loosen. Remove duct tape and slide out ice luminaria. Cup will remain inside ice.
5. Set luminaria outside. Place candle inside cup and light. (Use small votive candles to keep flame protected from the wind.)
6. When luminarias have finally melted, pick up the cups.