What You Need:Use materials that will reflect the lights of your Christmas tree.
- Matte-finish silver tissue paper
- Plastic-foam ball ranging from 2-1/2 to 5 inches in diameter
- Thick white crafts glue
- 1/4 yard of narrow silver ribbon (ornament hanger)
- Straight pins (about 120 for one ball)
- Silver beads (3.5 millimters and 8 millimeters)
- Silver sequins (12-millimeter bangle, 20-millimeter bangle, and large leaf)
- Clear bugle beads (medium and large, optional)
1. Cut a rectangle of tissue paper large enough to cover the plastic-foam ball. Crumple and then flatten the paper for ease of working. Glue the paper to the ball, trimming away excess paper as needed. Let the glue dry. 2. Mark a center top and bottom on the ball. Fold a length of silver ribbon in half for the hanger. Pin the ends to the top of the ball, dabbing a bit of glue on the pin before pushing it into the ball. 3. Using the top and bottom marks as starting and ending points, pin the beads and sequins around the ball in the desired pattern. Slip a pin through a bead and then a sequin. Push the pin into the ball. Add bugle beads with pins, if desired.
- Use sequins and beads in red, white, and blue for star-spangled designs you can enjoy all year long.
- Fill a glass bowl with beaded balls and sprigs of greenery for a sparkling holiday centerpiece.