Add a musical note to your Christmas tree with these quick-to-craft shaped paper ornaments.
Download our free folding pattern and turn ordinary paper into an extraordinary Christmas ornament. We chose ordinary sheet music for our motif, both for the theme and the visual interest.
1. Download, print, and cut out the pattern. (See link below.) Choose the solid outline that gives you the star size you like, or make three copies to create small, medium, or large ornaments.
2. Use a photocopy machine to transfer the sheet music to standard copy paper.
3. Trace the outline of the star pattern on the copied sheet music. For extra visual interest, tilt the paper slightly.
4. Using the pattern as your guide, fold the cut out stars. Solid lines indicate "mountain folds" (fold comes toward you); dashed lines indicate "valley folds."
5. Punch a small hole in the location shown on the pattern. Use the gold thread to hang the ornament.