What You'll Need
- Glue stick
- Patterned papers
- Chipboard birds and scrolls
- Crafts knife
- Sanding block
- Hole punch
- Glimmer Mist spray
- Glitter paint and small paintbrush
- Wire cutters
- 24 inches of fine-gauge silver wire
- Beads and buttons
- Crafts glue
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
- Small silk flowers
- Eyelets and eyelet setter
- Tinsel wire
How to Make It
1. Using the glue stick, apply patterned paper to one side of each chipboard bird. Use the crafts knife to trim the excess paper from around the birds. Sand the edges.
2. Punch a hole in each bird through the paper using the predrilled opening as a guide. Repeat for the backs of the birds. Use ink to stain the edges.
3. Spray the front of each scroll with Glimmer Mist; let dry. Repeat on the backs. Apply glitter paint to the fronts.
4. Use wire cutters to cut four 6-inch lengths of wire for each bird. Thread beads and buttons onto the wires and twist to secure. Cut to the desired length.
5. Use crafts glue to adhere a scroll and rhinestone eye to each bird; let dry. Hot-glue the wired bead-and-button embellishment and a flower onto each scroll. Set an eyelet into the punched hole of each bird.
6. Thread a length of tinsel wire through the eyelet opening, and knot the ends for a hanger.