1. Spray grapevine wreath white. Let dry.
2. Wrap a string of lights around the wreath. If the decoration sits on an end table or in an entry, you can use plug-in lights. Otherwise you'll need to use battery-operated ones.
3. Nest the bowl inside the wreath, and lay more lights inside the bowl.
4. Fill the bowl with orbs, ornaments, and stars made of clear glass.
- A bowl of multicolored lights will also add a seasonal touch.
- Other ways to soften the lighting around your home: Lower the wattage in table lamps, and supplement them with small decorative lamps, picture lights over artwork, and candles.