- A globe with rubber base and plastic stand
- Ceramic or plastic ornaments
- Distilled water
- Liquid glycerin
How to Make It
- Look for 7- and 8-inch flower aquariums, which include a globe, rubber base, and plastic stand, at floral shops or online.
- Use epoxy to attach ceramic or plastic ornaments and figurines to the rubber base, which also serves as the lid.
- Fill the globe with distilled water to just below the opening; add about 1 tablespoon of liquid glycerin (found in soap-making sections of hobby stores) to thicken the water.
- Sprinkle with glitter.
- Working over a sink, slowly invert the decorated portion of the rubber base into the water; stretch the seal of the rubber base over the lip of the globe.
- Attach the plastic stand, turn the globe upright, and watch the snow fall!
- For extra sparkle, stand the snow globe in a silver wine bottle coaster.
Popular in Christmas Gift Ideas, Homemade GiftsPrev Next
All Topics in Christmas Gift Ideas, Homemade Gifts