Rhinestone-Studded Gift Card Holder
This ribbon-wrapped rhinestone-studded holder is pretty as a package. It's also multifunctioning: Use it to announce the menu of a holiday dinner or to hold a party favor.
- Scallop-edge scissors or pinking shears
- Matching sewing threads
- 4-x-6-1/2-inch rectangle of white felt
- 5/8 yard of 5/8-inch-wide red striped ribbon
- Decorative rhinestones
- Fabric glue
How to Make It
- Center an 8-inch length of ribbon lengthwise on the white felt rectangle, turning under the ends. Attach ribbon to the felt by sewing down the center of the ribbon.
- Fold up 2 inches at the bottom of the felt to form a pocket with the ribbon on the outside. Sew 1/8 inch from the side edges of the pocket. Fold down 1 3/4 inches at the top for the front flap; press lightly. Trim the sides of the gift-card holder with the scallop-edge scissors.
- Glue rhinestones onto the front of the holder. Tie a bow with the remaining ribbon and tack to the center top on the front of the holder.