Add a 3-dimensional flower to your wrapped gifts and watch the smiles bloom.
Add a festive touch to any gift with these striking stylized flowers. Their bright colors and unique designs ensure that they will become cherished keepsakes long after the gift wrap is gone. And for small gifts, we've included instructions for a pretty-as-a-flower box.
See below for complete instructions for three flowers (yellow, blue, and pink and yellow) and the small box shown with the yellow flower.
2. For the box bottom, cut a 6-3/4-inch square from one piece of card stock using the pdf pattern provided. Lightly draw an X from corner to corner. Fold all sides up to the center of the X. Smooth the folds with the back of a spoon. Refer to the pdf and cut along the dotted lines. Fold up the sides with the flaps on the inside. Glue the flaps in place.
3. For the box top, cut an 8-1/4-inch square from a second piece of card stock. Fold the sides in 1 1/4 inches toward the center. Pinch together the four square corners created by the folds to form triangles, creating the sides of the box at the same time. Glue the inside edges of the triangles together. Punch out dots from card stock and glue to top.
4. For all of the flowers, cut out the patterns from the downloaded pdf patterns. Trace around the shapes on card stock and cut out.
5. For the yellow flower, fold and pleat each of the four petals; glue. Glue the petals to the top of the gift box. For the center, cut a 1-1/2-x-2-3/4-inch strip. Fringe one long edge and roll the strip into a tight tube, gluing the uncut edge. For the shorter fringe, cut a 1-1/4-x-2-3/4-inch strip and wrap and glue around the taller fringe. Glue to the flower center. Outline the leaves and draw veins with a marking pen. Crease along the vein to slightly curve. Glue the leaves to the lid under the flower. Cut out a free-form tendril and glue under the flower. Punch dots and glue randomly across the top and sides of the lid. Let dry.
6. For the blue flowers, outline the two base strips with a matching marking pen. Crisscross the strips and glue in the center. Punch three dots for each strip end; glue in place. Outline the flower shape with matching marking pen. Roll the end of each petal around a pencil to curl toward the center. Glue the flower to the center of the crossed strips. Cut a 1-1/2-x-2-inch strip and fringe to 1/4 inch of long edge. Roll into a tube, gluing the edge as it is rolled. Press the fringe outward; glue the tube to the flower center. Let dry.
7. For the pink-and-yellow flower, outline the paper pieces with matching marking pens. Glue the smaller flower on the larger one. Cut out a pink oval center, outline, and glue in place. Cut 10 short, narrow strips and glue to extend from the flower center. Dot the flower center with glue and sprinkle with glitter. Let dry.