How to Make a Paper Poinsettia Garland
Poinsettias, the favorite flower of Christmas, inspired these crepe paper crafts that you weave through satin cording to create a gorgeous Christmas garland. This Christmas decoration would look great along a mantel, around a window, or even loosely laid on a table as a table runner/centerpiece combination.
How to Make the Poinsettia Garland
- Cut out flower petal and leaf shapes from red and green crepe paper, respectively. (You'll need 6-8 red petals and 3-4 green leaves for each poinsettia.)
- Hot-glue red wires to red petals and green wires to green leaves.
- Gently fold the petals and leaves for dimension.
- Hot-glue one stamen to the end of a new piece of green wire.
- Use florists tape to attach the petals and leaves to the wire stem around the stamen. Trim extra wire.
- Weave flowers through cording.