Warm-Your-Mitts Plate and Mug
Paint wintry motifs on plain ceramicware to season holiday snacks. Make a set for Santa, too!
- Green ceramic mug and plate
- Pebeo Vitrea 160 dimensional paint (white, green, and pepper red)
- Pebeo Porcelaine 150 black marker
1. Download the free pattern for this project (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software).
[button-pdf id="549662" title="Mittens pattern" /]
2. Thoroughly wash and dry the mug and plate. Use white dimensional paint to create a pair of mitts on one side of each mug and multiple pairs around each plate rim. 3. Write "Warm your mitts" under the mug mitts with the black marker. Connect each mitt pair with a white, loopy line, stopping and starting the string line around the writing on the mug. 4. Outline the mitts and make ribbing details with green dimensional paint. Use red dimensional paint to make a heart on each mitt. Let the paint cure for 24 hours; then bake according to the paint manufacturer's directions.
- Make cloth napkins to match, painting a single pair of mitts in one corner of each, using fabric paints.
- Fill a painted mug with hot cocoa mix and fill a plate with cookies to give as a gift.