What You Need:Entertain your pets with these warm and cozy treats.
- 12 x 20-inch piece of tracing paper to make a 17-inch bone (for a larger bone, use larger paper)
- 1/3 yard each of two animal-print fun furs to make a small bone (for a larger bone, use larger pieces of fabric)
- Straight pins
- Needle and matching sewing threads
- 2 recycled squeaker toys or new ones from a pet store
- Polyester fiberfill
2. Trace the solid lines of the bone pattern onto tracing paper. Cut out the shape. For a larger bone, enlarge the pattern to the size you'd like; then trace and cut.
3. Pin the pattern to one of the animal-print furs. Cut out the bone shape from the fur. Cut a second bone shape from the other piece of animal-print fur.
4. Pin the bone shapes together with the fur sides facing each other. Note: Sew seams 1/4-inch from the raw edges. Sew around the edges of the bone, leaving a 4-inch opening in the middle of one of the long straight edges.
5. Turn the bone right side out. Wrap each squeaker toy in polyester fiberfill. Insert a squeaker in each end of the bone through the opening.
6. Stuff the rest of the bone firmly with fiberfill. Then, use a needle and thread to sew the opening closed.