Pretty Pistachio Christmas Ornament
Create a nature-theme Christmas ornament from pistachio shells glued to a foam shape.
What You Need:
- Medium egg-shape foam, such as Styrofoam
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
- Pistachio shells
- Eye pin
- 5/8-inch wide ribbon
- Scissors; metallic gold cord
How to Make It:
- Starting at the narrow end of the egg form, hot-glue pistachio shells around the foam in a tight bud.
- Glue shells around egg-shape form layer by layer until the entire form is covered. Some shells may fit a space better than others depending on width or "cupping" of the shell.
- Tie a ribbon bow. Insert the eye pin through a bead and the ribbon bow. Apply some glue to the pin and insert into the center top of form.
- Cut gold metallic cord and thread through the eye and tie into a hanging loop.