Bake Sweet Candy for Quick Christmas Ornaments
Use round peppermint candies to make creative Christmas ornaments.
What You Need:
- Wrapped peppermint hard candies (red or green)
- Hard decorative candies, such as sprinkle decorations, silver dragees
- Wire ornament hangers
- Waxed paper
- Baking sheet; oven
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
How to Make It:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lay waxed paper on top of flat baking sheet. Unwrap candies and arrange on waxed paper in desired shape (tree, wreath, or candy cane), making sure candies are touching. Bake for 3 or 4 minutes, until candies are softened a bit, watching closely so they don't overbake and flatten (oven temperatures vary, so experiment to assess the right length of time for baking).
- Remove from oven and immediately press desired candy decorations into softened peppermint candies. Immediately push wire ornament hanger into the top middle peppermint candy, or glue it to the back of hardened ornament. Cool and remove from waxed paper.