What You'll Need:
- 7-inch-diameter mounded circular piece of florist's foam
- Florist's pins
- Fresh white pine boughs
- 60-inch length of 6-inch-wide wired ribbon
- 3 green walnuts
- Small pinecones
- Glass ornaments
- 1 large jingle bell
- 1 yard twisted satin cord
- Fine gold beading wire
- 3/8-inch-diameter dowel (6 inches long or cut to width of ribbon)
- Pruning shears
- Hot-glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
- Hanging wire
continue reading below
How to Make It:
- Cut pine needle clusters from branches, leaving enough stem for insertion into the florist's foam. Insert branches into the foam, working from the outside toward the center until you have the fullness you want. Do not overfill the center, as this is where you will add accents.
- Determine the length of ribbon to be used. Fold the ribbon in half, with wrong sides together. At the cut end, fold back the corners on both sides to form a point.
- Thread beading wire through the end of the jingle bell and gently twist. Leave an inch or two to be used to fasten the bell between the points of ribbon. Sandwich the tail of beading wire to hold the bell between the points; glue points together.
- At the folded end of the ribbon, glue the dowel inside the fold. Slide the satin cord ends into the fold under the