Deck your halls with this pretty Christmas cornucopia ornament made from patterned paper. The cone shape is ideal for filling with seasonal candy.
For the gold-trim cone:
For the silver-trim cone:
For both cones:
1. Download the free pattern and cut out. Use the pattern to trace and cut a shape from red-and-white patterned paper.
2. Roll the shape into a cone, and secure with hot glue.
1. Cut a length of white crepe paper long enough to go around the top of the cone twice, and machine-sew a line of basting stitches down the center. Gather the paper to fit around the top of the cone and hot-glue it in place.
2. Wrap red velvet ribbon around the center of the crepe paper, covering the stitches, and glue the ends together in the center front.
3. Referring to the photo, glue two pieces of ivory velvet ribbon to the red velvet ribbon at the center front.
4. Tie and adhere a red silk bow to the center front. Glue the rhinestone to the flower applique; glue the applique to the bow.
5. Cut a length of gold garland. Glue the piece on opposite edges on the inside of the cone. Hot-glue a small amount of gold garland to the tip of the cone.
1. Referring to the photo, glue the pom-pom fringe and two rows of silver tinsel garland around the top of the cone.
2. Cut a length of white crepe paper and machine-sew a line of basting stitches along one long edge. Gather the paper into a circle and secure with glue. Trim the shape as needed. Dab the circle with crafts glue and sprinkle with glitter. Glue the circle to the front of the cone.
3. Cut two 2-1/4x3-1/2-inch pieces from sheet music. Starting at one short end of one piece, make 1/4-inch-wide accordion folds across the length. With the sheet music still folded, fold the length in half. Hot-glue the center folds together, forming a fan; repeat for a second fan. Glue the fan edges together to form a circle.
4. Glue the sheet-music circle to the crepe-paper circle. Glue the red rhinestone to the center of the glitter star. Glue the glitter star to the sheet-music circle.
5. Cut a length of silver garland. Glue the piece on opposite edges on the inside of the cone. Tie the red silk ribbon into a bow on one side of the handle. Hot-glue a small amount of gold garland to the tip of the cone.