What You Need:
- 8-1/2x5-1/4-inch rectangle of white card stock
- Glue stick
- 4x5-inch rectangle of color card stock for background
- Tracing paper; pencil
- 4x5-inch rectangle of contrasting card stock for mitten
- Scraps of paper and card stock in desired colors
- Paper punch; ruler
- Variegated yarn
continue reading below
How to Make It:
- Fold the white card stock in half, short ends together. Using glue stick, adhere the color paper rectangle to the front of the card.
- Trace the mitten pattern and cut it out. Use the pattern to cut a mitten shape from card stock in a contrasting color.
- Cut various-width strips from color paper and card stock. Glue horizontally on mitten shape, layering strips as desired. Trim strips even with the edge of the mitten.
- Punch seven holes 1/4 inch apart along cuff section of mitten shape. Cut fourteen 6-inch lengths of yarn. Fold yarn pieces in half, two at a time. Insert the yarn folds into one hole in the mitten from the back. Thread the ends through the loop and pull snugly. Repeat for each hole. Trim yarn ends slightly beyond the edge of the card. Embellish the tip of the envelope flap in the same manner if desired.
- Glue the mitten shape in the center of the card front.