Make Framed Holiday Chalkboard Art
Use our downloadable stencils and easy, step-by-step instructions to craft this pair of ornate frames to use as holiday wall art.
What You'll Need (for one frame):
- Downloadable Christmas message design, available below
- A frame with a 12x18-inch center, prepainted with magnetic and chalkboard paint
- White transfer paper
- White chalk pencils
- Download a Christmas message design, available below; print and cut out. Tape the design to the center of your frame, making sure the design is straight and centered within the frame.
- Slide white transfer paper under the design with transfer side against the chalkboard; trace around the design with a ballpoint pen (this will give you a sharp edge around your design).
- Remove the pattern and transfer paper from the chalkboard frame. Fill in your design using chalk pencils.
Editor's Tip: Keeping your pencils sharpened will help you keep the edges of your design sharp and clean. Keep a clean piece of paper between your hand and the chalkboard to prevent smudges, and start at the center of the pattern and work outward to keep your design clean.