Make a Hanging Snowman Craft
Hang this smiling snowman in the window for an extra dose of holiday cheer.
- Draw simple head (approximately 4 inches in diameter), nose, and eye patterns onto tracing paper and cut out. Using tracing-paper patterns, trace the head onto white felt, the nose onto orange felt, and the eyes onto black felt. Cut out pieces. Pin the head to the center of cream fabric square.
- Using black thread, topstitch a scant 1⁄8 inch inside edge of head. Note: Let the stitching be less than perfect for a more primitive look. Stitch around the edge one more time, occasionally crisscrossing previous stitches. Referring to the photo, right, stitch smile lines. When you reach the end of a smile line, reverse and stitch back over the line. Pin the nose to the head and topstitch it with black thread. Pin and sew the eyes in the same manner.
- Loosen the embroidery hoop tension screw and remove the inner ring; set inner ring aside. Spread glue on outside of outer ring. Sprinkle green glitter onto the wet glue; let dry.
- On a flat surface, lay the cream fabric over the inner ring, referring to the photo for placement. Push the outer ring over inner ring and adjust fabric as needed. Tighten the tension screw. Turn the hoop over and trim excess fabric.
- Felt: white, orange, black
- Water-soluble marking pen
- 12-inch square of cream fabric
- Black sewing thread
- 6-inch-diameter embroidery hoop
- Crafts glue
- Glitter: green