What You Need
- Tracing paper
- Wool felt: 1 sheet each of green and white
- 1 sheet embossed red velvet felt
- Scissors: straight and scallop-edge
- Fabric glue
- Needle and matching threads
- Small red jingle bells
- Glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
- 3/8-inch-wide red-and-white check ribbon
continue reading below
How to Make It
- Trace the holly leaf patterns in the pattern pack onto tracing paper. Cut out the shapes.
- For each napkin ring, trace three small leaves onto green felt and three large leaves onto white. Cut out the leaves with straight scissors.
- Glue a green leaf centered on each white leaf with fabric glue; let dry.
- To add dimension, pinch the wide end of each leaf to make a small fold. Secure the fold with a single stitch.
- Pinch the wide ends of the leaves together on the back to make the stems, referring to the photo.
- Sew the stems together, wrap the thread around the stems two or three times, and knot. Trim the stems as needed.
- Use the scallop-edge scissors to cut a 1-3/4-x-7-1/2-inch strip of embossed red velvet felt for each napkin ring.
- Overlap the ends of the embossed red velvet strip, forming a ring; sew the overlapped area to secure.
- Position leaves on the overlapped area of ring and sew in place.
- Hot-glue three bells to the center of the leaves for the berries.
- Cut a 9-inch length of ribbon. Fold the ribbon, making two loops and secure with a tack stitch. Fold the looped ribbon in half and make a tack stitch near the fold. Tuck the ribbon under the leaves with the loops on top; sew the ribbon in place.