Fun Felt Snowmen Decoration for Christmas
Use felt scraps in a variety of colors to make fun felt snowmen to use as Christmas ornaments or decorations.
What You Need:
- Felt scraps: white, three shades of green, red, orange, and light blue
- Water-soluble marking pen
- Embroidery floss: black, orange, blue, green, and red
- Polyester fiberfill
- Crafts glue
- 2 small pom-poms
- Ribbon for hanging loops
How to Make It:
- Trace the snowmen pattern pieces from the pattern onto tracing paper and cut out the shapes. Referring to the photo, trace the shapes on assorted colors of felt using the marking pen. Cut out all shapes, except for the snowmen fronts.
Note:Use two strands of floss for whipstitches and three strands for all other embroidery stitches.
- Create the Faces: With black floss, work French knots for eyes and outline stitches with a small straight stitch at the ends for smiles. With orange floss, whipstitch the carrot noses in place. Cut out the snowmen fronts.
- Assemble the Snowmen: With wrong sides together and blue floss, blanket-stitch the fronts to the backs, inserting small amounts of fiberfill before sewing the shapes closed.
- Add the Hats and Scarves: Use coordinating floss to whipstitch the hat stripes to the hats. With wrong sides facing, blanket-stitch the hat fronts and backs together along the sides. Slip the hats on the snowmen's heads and blanket-stitch or glue in place. Tack or glue a pom-pom to the tip of each hat. Tie scarves around the necks. Add ribbon loops for hanging.