1. Download and print the free snowflake patterns.
2. Topstitch two rows of ribbons horizontally and vertically along the plaid lines of the afghan, leaving space between them.
3. For each snowflake, fold a square of the fusible-web transfer paper in half twice. Trace the desired number and size of snowflakes onto the fusible-web paper aligning folds. Fuse to wool felt following the manufacturer's instructions; cut out.
4. Use a paper punch to create extra holes in the snowflakes.
5. Fuse the snowflakes to the afghan. Zigzag-stitch novelty threads as desired on snowflakes to secure them to the afgan.