continue reading below
How to Make It
- Wash the white felt and let it air-dry.
- To make the pattern, tape the long end of one sheet of paper to the long end of the next; add the third sheet of paper in the same way.
- Use scissors to cut the top piece of the pattern into a V that will become the purse flap.
- Place the paper on the white felt and cut all around.
- Fold the bottom third of the felt over the middle third; stitch the sides together using a blanket embroidery stitch, to create the purse pouch. Also stitch around the V for a cohesive look.
- Cut four petal shapes from red felt and glue them to the point of the V.
- Stitch a button in the center to finish.
- To make the handle, cover the cording with a scrap of white felt and glue the ends shut.
- Stitch the handle neatly to the back side of the bag.