continue reading below
What You Need:
- 6 pinecones
- Small handsaw
- Gold spray paint
- Fir-tree branches
- Tacky glue
- Gold glitter
- Hot-glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
- Purchased feather wreath
How to Make It:
- Bake pinecones on aluminum-foil covered cookie sheet at 200 degrees for 20 minutes. Let cool. (This opens up the pinecones and kills any insects.)
- Using the handsaw, remove the bottom end of the pinecones. On a protected surface, spray-paint the pinecones and fir branches gold (apply three coats, allowing drying time between each coat).
- Apply tacky glue to the tips of a pinecone and sprinkle with gold glitter.
- Gently shake pinecone to remove excess glitter. Let dry.
- Repeat steps for remaining pinecones.
- Hot-glue pinecones and fir branches to feather wreath.