For the tin:
1. Cut 1-inch strips of patterned paper to fit around the bottom edge of the tin. Use a strong adhesive to adhere the paper.
2. Adhere a length of narrow ribbon around the top edge of the paper. Cut wider strips of paper to adhere to the front and back of the tin lid. Trim with narrow strips of cardstock.
3. Adhere patterned paper to the outside and inside bottom of the tin.
4. Embellish the tin as desired by adding stickers, glitter glue, and chipboard tags. Tie ribbon to the handle.
For the divider cards:
1. Determine the categories for the divider cards: We used calendar, Christmas card list, decorating ideas, entertaining, gifts, receipts, recipes, secret Santa, and thank-yous. Cut the divider cards from cardstock, making sure the tin will fully close when full (cards shown measure 3-1¿2x4-1¿2 inches).
2. Print Christmas quotations (or use preprinted quotes) to add to each card.
3. Decorate the front of each card as desired using coordinated patterned paper, stickers, and glitter glue.
4. Trim some divider cards with scalloped cardstock and ribbon.
5. Print or write labels for each card and attach to tabs.
6. Behind each divider card, place appropriate organizational tools such as a small calendar, a blank list for keeping track of Christmas cards, a gift idea list, etc. Customize as desired.