continue reading below
How to Make It:
- Determine the size of wire tree you want by drawing a triangle on paper and testing the spacing of the "boughs" in relation to the ornaments you want to display. Our tree is about 15 inches tall and 10-1/2 inches wide at the bottom.
- For the tree, form a triangle from the 16-gauge wire. Use pliers to twist the wire ends together at top. For boughs, cut four pieces of wire slightly wider than the triangle, allowing about an inch overhang to curl the ends.
- Attach boughs, twisting each wire end around the side of the tree and then using the jewelry pliers to curl the ends.
- Cut small pieces of 20-gauge wire for ornament hooks. Use jewelry pliers to shape the wire pieces into S-shape ornament holders. Hang the wire tree on the wall.
- Attach S-shape holders to ornaments and hang them from the wire boughs. Hot-glue the star ornament, ribbon bow, and holiday greeting to the top center of the frame.
- Hang the frame, centering the wire tree within the frame so the star appears to be the tree topper.