2. Use a sawtooth knife to cut the plastic-foam blocks in half. The blocks should measure about 1 1/4 x 5 x 6-inches. You'll use three of them for the main floor of the castle. Trim 1 1/2-inches off the bottom of each turret cone.
3. Use a bamboo skewer to poke a hole through the center of one cone.
4. Stack three 5 x 6-inch blocks on top of each other. Center the two 4-inch-diameter discs on the top block. Then center the cone with the hole in it on the top disc.
5. To assemble the castle, work a bamboo skewer through the centers of all of the stacked pieces, beginning with the bottom block. The top of the skewer will extend above the cone to become the flagpole.
6. Push a crafts stick halfway into the bottom center of each of the remaining four cones. Push the other half of each stick down into a corner of the 5 x 6-inch blocks to attach the turrets.
7. Push two more crafts sticks into the bottom of the block assembly until only 1 inch of each stick is showing. Position the castle assembly on the 10-inch-diameter disc base. The back corners should be at the back edge of the disc. Push the ends of the crafts sticks into the disc to secure the castle assembly onto the base.
8. Spread a generous layer of frosting over the entire castle. Referring to the photo, opposite, for ideas, press candies into the frosting to decorate the castle. Use licorice twists for the arched doorway and at the base of the turrets. Trim the edges of the castle with licorice lace. Use clean scissors to cut window shapes from the fruit rolls, and press them in place.
9. For the bricks, press jellybeans into the castle sides. Add gumdrops to the flat roof areas. Use candy sprinkles to cover the center turret. Cut a flag shape from fruit roll, and thread it onto the skewer.
10. Spread frosting over the top and side edges of the base. Make a pathway with licorice lace. Fill in the path with sprinkles.
11. To make a tree, cut a 6-inch length from a skewer. Poke the sharp end of the skewer through one end of a fruit roll. Make a fold in the fruit roll so the bottom of the tree is about 1 1/2-inch-wide. Push the center of the fold onto the skewer. Continue folding the fruit roll onto the skewer. Make each fold slightly narrower as you get closer to the top of the tree. Add a gumdrop to the top of the skewer. Push the cut end of the skewer into the frosted base.