This fancy card is a spectacular way to help ring in the New Year.
1. Trace the horn, mouth, streamer, and ring shapes in the pattern packet onto tracing paper; cut out the shapes. Fold a sheet of white art paper in half. Trace the horn shape onto the white art paper, positioning the fold line along the paper fold; cut out the shape.
2. Use the crafts knife to slit the horn along the dashed line shown on the pattern, cutting only through the top layer. Trace the mouth onto the blue art paper; cut out the shape. Trace the streamer and each ring onto the red art paper; cut out the shapes. Trace the streamer onto the turquoise art paper; cut out the shape.
3. Glue the mouth to the card front, placing its top edge along the slit in the horn. Glue the rings to the card front. Glue the red and turquoise streamers together, turning one over so the curved ends in opposite directions. Use the small-hole punch to punch a hole near the narrow end of the streamers. Punch a hole through the card front near the fold of the horn.
4. Thread the ribbon through the hole in the streamers. Insert the ribbon and the narrow end of the streamers through the slit, sandwiching the narrow portion of the streamers between the card front and back. Feed the ends of the ribbon through the hole in the card front; knot the ends 6 inches from the fold.
5. Apply small drops of glue to the curved area of the rings on the inside of the card, being careful not to get any glue on the streamers.