Sentimental Reason Wedding Reception Menu
An elegantly casual buffet with easy-to-prepare food is perfect for a daytime outdoor wedding reception.
- Stuffed Baby Vegetables
- Herbed Egg Salad Roll-Ups
- Fresh Fruit with Summer Dip
- Country Ham Sandwiches
- Tomato Mozzarella Skewers
- Fruity Pasta Salad
- Smoked Salmon Platter
- Lemonade or Punch
- Sentimental Reason Wedding Cake
Stuffed Baby Vegetables
Creamy cheese provides a pleasant contrast to the crunch of tender little vegetables. Because the vegetables are small, you'll want to pipe the cheese filling rather than spooning it into them.
Smoked Salmon Platter
Arrange salmon and the trimmings on your prettiest platter and invite guests to build their own canapes.
Country Ham Sandwiches
To slice focaccia horizontally, use a long, thin serrated knife. Set the bread on a cutting board. Hold your hand flat and gently pressing the top of the bread while carefully slicing the bread in half.
Tomato Mozzarella Skewers
Fresh mozzarella is usually shaped into balls and packaged in whey or water. Its soft texture and mild, sweet flavor make it an ideal cheese for marinating.
Herbed Egg Salad Roll-Ups
To allow for easy rolling of the sandwiches, cut up the salad using a pastry blender.
Fruity Pasta Salad
Select white or clear poppy seed dressing to show off the fresh colors of the salad.
Fresh Fruit with Summer Dip
Sentimental Reason Wedding Cake
The bottom two layers serve 100 to 130 guests.
- Get commitments for help making the food from family and friends.
- Borrow or rent platters, bowls, and utensils as needed.
- Serve from a variety of heights -- use cake stands, multitiered platters, and pretty bowls turned upside-down with snug-fitting platters on top.
- Do as much prep ahead of time as possible.
- Have plenty of refrigeration or coolers available at wedding site.
- Use large bowls, for less refilling.
- If food will be sitting on buffet for several hours, especially if weather is hot, prepare to keep food cold.
- Set platters of sandwiches containing meats and cheeses directly on bed of ice.
- If weather is very hot serve perishables in small bowls or platters and replenish often.
- Assign several people the task of keeping buffet fresh.
- If you don't want to burden friends or relatives, hire high school or college students.
- Local restaurant staff may also be available to serve.