- Mango Cappuccino
- Crab Cocktail with Lemon Aioli
- Pork Tenderloins with Fruit Chutney
- Superb Roasted Potatoes
- California Heirloom Insalata
- Pomegranate Martinis
Chilled mango cappuccino balances the smooth fruity taste of mangoes with a kick of ginger, chipotle peppers, and a chili powder garnish.
Crab Cocktail with Lemon Aioli
Traditionally garlicky aioli gets a zesty twist of lemon in this crabmeat cocktail. Black or red caviar and pairs of spiky chive stems are the garnishes.
Pork Tenderloins with Fruit Chutney
Pork tenderloin is easy to serve at a large party. It gets a measure of festivity from being paired with fruit chutney.
Superb Roasted Potatoes
These savory potatoes are best if served right after they are roasted, and they couldn't be easier to make.
California Heirloom Insalata
Bocconicini, small nuggets of fresh mozzarella, are packaged in whey or water. Fresh mozzarella is more tender and delicate tasting than regular mozzarella.
A variety of coatings makes these breadsticks especially flavorful and interesting. Coiled ends add festive flair.
Up to 1 month ahead:
- Make and freeze breadsticks.
Up to 6 hours ahead:
- Arrange tomatoes and cheese for insalata on platters; cover and chill.
- Prepare ingredients for martinis.
- Spoon cappuccino into serving glasses; cover and chill.
In the 2 hours ahead:
- Make creme fraiche for cappuccino; cover and chill.
- Beat whipping cream into aioli.
- Assemble crab cocktails; cover and chill.
- Prepare and roast potatoes; keep warm.
- Warm foil-wrapped tenderloins in oven; reheat fruit chutney.
Just before serving:
- Prepare assortment of martinis.
- Top insalata with basil and dressing.
- Slice pork and arrange on warm serving platter.
- Place roasted potatoes in warm serving dish.
- Top cappuccinos with creme fraiche and chili pepper.
- Enlist help of three or four people for last hours of food prep.
- Give each person clear direction.
- One person can prepare the martinis.
- One person can make the potatoes and insalata and arrange breadsticks.
- One person handles the reheating and presentation of the pork with chutney.
- One person can help finish Mango Cappuccino and Crab Cocktail. Any spare helpers can lend a hand spooning, garnishing, and wiping drips off sides of glasses as time allows.
- Make sure platters for cold dishes are chilled.
- Platters for hot dishes should be hot.
- Heat lamps and chafing dishes will help pork and potatoes warm once they are on the serving table.