Wedding Keepsake Heart
Add a remembrance quote to a handmade keepsake heart as a gift tag, holiday ornament, or wedding favor.
Upload your photo here.
What You Need:This gift can be given to guests or your special someone.
- Tracing paper
- 8-1/2 x 11-inch sheet each of two coordinating scrapbook papers
- 8-1/2 x 11-inch sheet of white card stock
- Scissors: pinking and medium scallop-edge
- Crafts glue
- 1/8-inch hole punch
- 1 yard of 1/4-inch-wide ribbon
- 3-inch-long tassel
- Transparent tape
- Small bunch of flowers
- Black calligraphy pen
2. Trace the smaller heart pattern onto tracing paper, and enlarge 200 percent. Cut it out. Draw around the smaller heart pattern on the back of one sheet of scrapbook paper. Use pinking shears to cut out the heart. Cut a 2 x 7-inch banner from scrapbook paper. Trim with scallop-edge scissors forming a V shape at the ends.
3. Glue the heart onto the white card stock. Use pinking shears to trim the card stock about 3/8 inch beyond the edges of the scrapbook heart. Use the small hole punch to make a hole below the center top and above the bottom point of the layered heart. Fold one 18-inch length of ribbon in half. Insert the folded ribbon end through the top hole from the back to the front. Pull the ribbon ends through the folded end.
4. Insert the hanging loop of the tassel through the bottom hole from front to back and tape the loop onto the back. Tie the remaining ribbon in a bow around the top of the tassel. Glue flowers to the bottom of the heart, covering the hole.
5. Use the black pen to write a phrase on the banner. Glue only the banner ends to the heart, allowing the rest to curve.