Paper Cracker Project
Celebrate your special occasion with tiny gifts or candies inside a paper cracker.
What You Need:Show guests your appreciation with these stunning paper crackers.
- 2 12-inch lengths of 1-5/8-inch-wide crepe paper
- Sewing thread and needle
- 4-1/2-inch-long cardboard tube
- Glue gun and hotmelt adhesive
- 8-1/2 x 11-inch sheet each of two coordinating scrapbook papers
- Scissors: large scallop-edge and other small decorative-edge
- Double-sided tape
- Computer and printer
- 20-inch length of 1/2-inch-wide ribbon
- Small bag of candy or tiny gift
- Use sewing thread to sew running stitches along one long edge of each length of crepe paper. Pull the thread ends to gather a crepe paper length to fit around each open end of the cardboard tube. Hot-glue the gathered edge of the crepe paper to the tube.
- Cut a 4-1/2 x 8-inch rectangle of scrapbook paper using the large scallop-edge scissors. Wrap the paper rectangle around the tube and secure with double-sided tape, covering the gathered edge of the crepe paper.
- Type the bride's and groom's first names and wedding date using a computer. Print a test sample. Text should fit in a space approximately 1/2 x 4 inches. When satisfied, print the text on scrapbook paper.
- Use the small decorative-edge scissors to trim the printed sheet into two text strips, cutting a V at one end of each strip. Glue the text strips on the tube.
- Make a bow at the center of the ribbon and glue the bow to the tube, covering the ends of the text strips. Insert a small bag of candy or a tiny gift into the tube.