French Newspaper Confetti Bags
These confetti bags are designed for a Paris-style wedding, but will complement any style wedding.
What You Need:These confetti bags will complement your Paris-style wedding.
- Rotary cutter, cutting mat, and ruler
- French newspapers (from a large newsstand or bookstore)
- Assorted decorative-edge scissors
- Glue stick
- Crafts knife
- 15 inches of 1/2-inch-wide seam-binding ribbon for each bag
- Dried lavender
- Wide marking pen (optional)
continue reading below
- For each confetti bag, cut an 8 x 11-inch rectangle from newspaper. Draw a parallel line 2 inches from each long edge. Trim one long edge with decorative-edge scissors.
- Fold the bag on each drawn line with wrong sides facing and the decorative-cut edge on top. Open the rectangle. Roll glue over the decorative-cut edge; then refold and press the edges together.
- Cut a decorative edge along the bottom; then turn up the edge 1 inch. Glue in place.
- Mark and center a 1/2-inch-wide horizontal line 3-1/2 inches from the top. With a crafts knife, cut on the line through all layers. Slip a 15-inch ribbon length halfway through the slit.
- Fill the bag with confetti. Encircling the marking pen, roll the top down to the slit. Remove the marking pen, and tie the ribbon in a half bow.