These hanging flower cones can be used at your wedding or reception.
Upload your photo here.
What You Need:No wedding is complete without an abundance of flowers.
- 2 16-inch squares of wallpaper
- Multipurpose spray adhesive (we used 3M Super 77)
- Decorative-edge scissors
- Crafts glue
- 1/8-inch hole punch
- 1/2-inch-wide seam-binding ribbon
1. Cover your work surface. Place one square of wallpaper wrong side up on the newspaper, and spray the wallpaper with adhesive. Aligning the edges, smooth the second square of wallpaper wrong side down on the adhesive side of the first square.
2. To make the cone shape, use a pencil to draw a curved line from the top right corner to the bottom left corner of the layered squares, creating a quarter circle. Use the decorative-edge scissors to cut on the curved line and on the two remaining straight edges of the original square. Overlap the straight edges to form the cone; glue in place. Use the hole punch to make a hole on opposite sides of the cone about 3/4 inch from the top edge. Cut ribbon to the desired length. Insert a ribbon end through each hole and knot above the cone, leaving a 4-inch ribbon tail.
3. To make smaller cones, begin with 8-1/2 x 8-1/2-inch paper. Follow the directions above, but eliminate the lining step. Begin with scrapbook papers and embellish them with copies of vintage photos, computer-generated banners, or paper flowers.