Cake-Slice Favor Wheel
"Serve" a wedding favor that does double-duty as a gift and an attention-grabber.
Upload your photo here.
Grouped together and tied with a ribbon, these paper boxes look like cakes. Display the favors on cake stands of various heights to dress up the cake table. Each slice here is filled with blue and white chocolate candies, but you could tuck in flower seeds, a love poem, or a family recipe.
- Six sheets each of 12-x-12-inch card stock: white and cornflower blue
- Crafts knife
- Decorative rubber stamp
- Blue pigment ink
- Glue or double-stick tape
- Light blue 1/2-inch-wide ribbon
- Download a PDF of the box pattern. (Follow link below)
- Using a photocopier, enlarge the box pattern to 200 percent and cut it out. Trace the pattern onto the back of each sheet of white and cornflower blue card stock; cut it out. Score along the fold lines using the dull side of a crafts knife.
- Stamp the box panels with the rubber stamp and blue ink; allow to dry. Fold the box along the scored lines, and use glue or double-stick tape to secure the sides and bottom of each box. Fill the boxes with desired favor treats.
- Arrange the cake-slice boxes in a wheel shape atop a platter. Wrap light blue ribbon around the outside of the boxes and tie into a bow; trim the ends at an angle. Add a flower or other small decoration to the top of the favor wheel.