Need a centerpiece perfect for an outdoor wedding reception? Use our free patterns and step-by-step instructions to make a nature-inspired centerpiece.
0 did it
continue reading below
- Download and print the patterns. Trace the patterns, cut out. Use the patterns to cut bird bodies, wings, and leaves from decorative paper. Each bird requires two bodies and two wings.
- To make a bird, glue one body and both wings to cream card stock. Trim around the shapes using decorative-edge scissors. Glue the remaining body to the uncovered side of the body cutout. Use rickrack to create a hanger; hot-glue rickrack ends bird. Use a glue stick to attach wings to bird body, aligning wing tips and covering the rickrack ends.
- Make leaves in the same manner as the bird bodies.
- Paint branches; let dry. Fill the vase halfway with unpopped popcorn and arrange the branches in the vase.
- Hang the birds on the tree. Hot-glue the leaves to the branches.