Eiffel Tower Wedding Cake
This grand tower, excluding the top layer, serves 200.
Upload your photo here.
- 16-x-16-x-2-inch square cake pan
- 10-x-10-x-2-inch square cake pan
- 6-x-6-x-2-inch square cake pan
- 15 two-layer-size French Vanilla cake mixes
- Instant espresso powder
- 16-x-16- 10-x-10-, and 6-x-6-inch pieces of 1/4-inch-thick clear Plexiglas (from a hardware store; have it cut to size)
- 2 recipes Chocolate Filling (see page 2)
- 3 recipes Cream Frosting (see page 2)
- 8 white plastic dowels
- Large decorating bag fitted with coupler and large basket-weave tip
- Eiffel Tower cake topper
- Edible roses and rose petals
- Each tier consists of 3 baked cakes. Adding 1 tablespoon espresso powder for each mix, prepare 3 cake mixes for each 16-inch cake (9 mixes total); prepare 2 cake mixes for one 10-inch and one 6-inch cake (6 mixes total).
- Bake 16-inch cakes, one at a time, in a 325 degree F oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Bake one 10-inch and one 6-inch cake at the same time according to the package directions.
- To assemble first tier, stack the three 16-inch cakes on the 16-inch Plexiglas square, spreading Chocolate Filling between cakes (use about 6 cups total). Repeat with remaining cakes on Plexiglas pieces, using 2 cups filling for the 10-inch cakes and 1 1/2 cups filling for the 6-inch cakes.
- Carefully trim the edges of tiers to slant. Using a serrated knife, cut at an angle from about 1 inch from top edge of each tier toward bottom. Do this on all 4 sides of each tier. Use any remaining filling to fill in gaps between cake layers and to thinly cover cut surfaces of cakes. Cover tiers and refrigerate until ready to decorate.
- To decorate, generously spread sides and top of each tier with Cream Frosting. Sides should be as smooth and straight as possible. Insert dowels into the bottom two tiers to support the stacking. Cover tiers and refrigerate until ready to transport.
- Stack tiers on-site. Pipe angled lines on cake as shown in photo using Cream Frosting and a large basket-weave tip. Pipe all edges of tiers with a zigzag border. Place Eiffel Towel cake topper on cake. Finish cake with roses and rose petals as desired.
1. In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until mixture thickens and holds soft peaks. Makes 6 cups.
1. In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until mixture thickens and holds soft peaks. Makes 6 cups.