- 2 9 x 16-inch rectangles of wallpaper
- Spray adhesive
- Tracing paper
- Large scallop-edge scissors
- Crafts glue
- 1/4-inch hole punch
- 58-inch length of 1/2-inch-wide silk ribbon
1. Download the free pattern for this project. (Downloading requires Adobe Acrobat software.)
2. Working on a covered surface, lightly spray the back of a wallpaper rectangle with adhesive. Center and smooth the second wallpaper rectangle onto the adhesive side of the first rectangle.
3. Trace the basket pattern onto tracing paper, and enlarge 200 percent. Cut out the pattern. Trace the pattern onto the layered wallpaper. Use the large scallop-edge scissors to cut on the traced lines.
4. Fold the basket following dashed lines on the pattern. Overlap the short edges of the container, aligning the fold lines; glue to secure. When the glue is dry, use the hole punch to make a hole centered on each fold of the container about 1/2 inch from the top edge.
5. From the ribbon, cut three 15-inch lengths for the hanging loop and one 13-inch length for the bow. Align the 15-inch ribbon lengths and knot them together 1/2 inch from one end. Working from the inside of the container, thread the opposite end of each 15-inch ribbon through one of the holes.
6. Knot the ribbon ends around the hanging loop just above the container. Tie a bow at the center of the 13-inch length of ribbon and glue the bow to the bottom of the container.