Three-Bean Salad Recipe
We show you the secret to making a three-bean salad that's ready for your next potluck.
-For a modern take on the classic three-bean salad, the secret is to start with fresh green beans, which will hold their crunch better after marinating. The improved flavor and texture of fresh green beans are worth the effort. Simply cook them in a pot of lightly salted boiling water until just tender then drain and plunge in cold water to stop the cooking. Experiment by using other kinds of beans to change up the salad's taste based on what you like. Try garbanzo beans in place of kidney beans or toss in a handful of frozen shelled edamame for their bright color and nutritional punch. Whatever combo of beans you choose, marinating them overnight in the tangy dressing adds a classic flavor you crave.
More For You
- Top Thanksgiving Sides (Carrots, Squash, and More!)
- 20 Healthy Dinner Recipes Under $3
- Better Homes and Gardens February 2013 Recipes
- Better Homes and Gardens March 2013 Recipes
- Delicious Easter Brunch Recipes from Better Homes & Gardens
- 20 Ways to Add Curb Appeal
- Window Treatment and Curtain Projects -- BHG.com -- Better Homes and Gardens
- 19 Ideas to Steal for Your Apartment: Ideas for Apartments, Condos, and Rentals
- Must-Grow New Varieties of Perennials for 2013
- Do-It-Yourself Decorating Ideas: Fabulous Furniture Makeovers