How to Make Polenta
Make your own polenta at home! With only three basic ingredients our recipe for polenta is so easy you’ll wonder why you ever bought packaged polenta. Whether you want soft or firm, we’ll show you just how simple it is to make perfect polenta.
-Sure you can buy a package polenta in the store but if you want to show off your DIY skills, let us show you how to make polenta. It only takes 3 simple ingredients. Begin by bringing lightly salted water or broth to a boil in a sauce pan. Now it's time to let it reign. Slowly pour corn mill into the boiling water in a steady stream stirring constantly. Here, I'm adding 1 cup corn mill to 4 cups water. Once the corn mill starts to plop turn heat to low. Let it continue cooking uncovered for 10 minutes or until thick stirring occasionally. When corn mill reaches the perfect thickness, it's ready to serve. Serve polenta warm with the sprinkling of basil and parmesan or chili until firm so it an be sliced and fried up to add to recipes. That's all there is to it. Three simple ingredients and you've got homemade polenta.
More For You
- Before-and-After Garden Makeovers
- Healthy Dinner Recipes Under $3
- 20 Ways to Add Curb Appeal
- Decorate with What You Have
- Must-Grow New Perennials for 2013
- 24 Ideas to Steal for Your Apartment
- The Best Perennials for Shade
- Tasty Pasta Salads
- Before and After: Home Exteriors
- Our Favorite Real-Life Bedrooms