How to Make Angel Food Cake
Make a beautiful and tender angel food cake with our tips on beating the eggs and prepping the cake pan.
-Angel food cake isn't just another cake. Its light and airy texture is a result of some not so typical cake techniques. Here's the secret for a tall and tender angel food cake every time. This cake's delicate personality owes itself to the cozy marriage of perfectly separated egg whites with sugar. It begins with beating egg whites until soft peaks form. You can tell this when the peaks bend gracefully. Once this happens, begin adding the sugar a little at a time until all the sugar is totally incorporated and the egg whites form stiff peaks like this and never ever grease an angel food or tube cake pan or use a nonstick pan. This angelic batter needs to cling to the sides of the pan as it rises and bakes, so it reaches its highest potential. Slippery sides are recipe for disaster.
More For You
- Carrot Cake Recipes
- Delicious Easter Brunch Recipes
- 8 Tips to Sleep Better
- Fast and Fabulous Ideas to Decorate Your Garden
- Bringing Your New Dog Home
- Creative Fall Centerpieces Featuring Natural Elements from Better Homes and Gardens
- Easy Easter Baskets
- Eerie Outdoor Halloween Decorations
- Our Best Apple Pies and Tarts
- Pretty Headboard Decorating Ideas