How to Make Your Own Salad Dressing
Your homemade salad recipes deserve a made-by-you salad dressing. Watch our secret to making the best ranch salad dressing, using just a few tangy ingredients and a special technique for mixing the dressing.
-I'm Sue from the Better Homes and Gardens Test Kitchen. Ranch dressing has got to be one of the most popular salad dressings on the market. But, don't limit yourself to store about varieties. We have a terrific recipe that I know you're gonna love. Here are few secrets to making it. First, smash a garlic clove with a big of salt with the side of your knife blade. The salt adds a little bit of friction and helps you smash the clove into a really smooth paste. Next, you smoked paprika which is used a lot in Spanish cooking. It gives this ranch dressing a suddenly smoky taste. Now, just whisk everything together in a bowl or my favorite test kitchen secret, throw all the ingredients into a jar with a lid, shake it up and you're ready to go. It'll keep in the fridge for just about a week. Now you know our secrets for making your own ranch dressing from the Better Homes and Gardens Test Kitchen.
More For You
- Living Room Color Schemes
- Pretty Ribbon Projects
- How to Make Chopped Salad
- BHG Error
- Delicious & Easy Healthy Side Dish Recipes
- 22 Garden-Fresh Salad Recipes
- Better Homes and Gardens March 2013 Recipes
- Healthy Vegetarian Dinner Recipes
- 25-Minute (or Less) Holiday Appetizers
- Guess Me Icebreaker Christmas Game from Better Homes and Gardens