Must-Know Rules for Using Color
Learn about using color in your home with tips from Better Homes and Gardens contributing design editor, Elaine Griffin.
-Nothing fanatically transforms us today as much as color does. Here are the 3 rules of color that always work. Number 1, if the color combination exists in nature, you know, in a flour, a fruit, or landscape, it will work in your home. Number 2, southern facing rooms look fantastic I rich dark color. You could paint a southern exposed room black and it will be the chichis thing in the world if you have a super bright room. Rule number 3, every room needs pop of color, either a strawberry or citrus just to make it pop, just a throw pillow, maybe an object, so it really syncs. That what gives the eyes something to rest on and say, huh, happy.
More For You
- Warm Color Schemes: Using Red, Yellow, and Orange Hues
- Fall Colors -- Better Homes and Gardens -- BHG.com
- Decorating Color Ideas in Yellow - Better Homes and Gardens - BHG.com
- Home Decorating: Natural Touches for a Renovated Ranch Home
- Add a Hint of Fall to Your Home - Better Homes and Gardens - BHG.com
- Revive Your Home's Exterior
- Fabulous Fall Centerpieces
- Quick & Easy Exterior Fixes
- Simple Ideas for Decorating with Pumpkins
- Decorating With Color - Better Homes and Gardens - BHG.com