Valentine's Day Scratch-Off Card How-To
Learn how to make an adorable scratch-off card for Valentines' Day.
-I learned how to make scratch-off cards in elementary school, and it was just an easy fun craft to do with that age, but it's also something that you can carry over into your adult life. It's still easy to do. The first thing you're gonna do is download the template from BHG.com. You'll have an opportunity that when you're there to type in even sentiment or the experience of you choice, print it out and cut it and then you'll be making a scratch off solution. Your scratch off solution is simply 2 parts of metallic acrylic paint and 1 part of dishwashing liquid. Mix those well, then you're gonna cut a sort of clear contact paper, turn it over and on the paper side you can use this heart template also available at BHG.com to trace around it, turn it over and tape it down to your surface, so it stays flat, and then you'll add your scratch off solution. I just a flat water color brush just it's easier to do without getting any lines, this like coats your contact paper with a thin layer and enough the cover the hearts that you've traced on the back. Left that coat dry for about 1/2 hour, and then you go back and repeat with the second coat until it's opaque. Then, after that, I go through and I cut out the heart so that you essentially have a heart sticker, and I feel off the backing and place it right over the hearts on the card. When you're giving it to your recipient, you can just package with a new penny, and when they get it, they can select the experience of their choice and scratch off their card, and there you go as simple as that.
More For You
- Find Your Dream Dessert Collection
- Make-Your-Own Valentine's Day Gifts
- 7 Special Valentine's Day Gift Ideas for Him
- Make a Scratch-Off Hearts Card for Valentine's Day
- Handmade Valentine's Day Cards
- Valentine's Day Recipes with Red Hots
- Handcrafted Valentine's Day Decor
- Romantic Dinner Recipes for Two
- Editors' Picks: Top Romantic Movies for Valentine's Day
- Romantic Flower Meanings from Better Homes and Gardens