How to Peel and Seed a Mango
See how to remove mango flesh from its pit and peel, and then slice and dice it.
Mangoes are delicious fruit with an enormous single seed. Since the meat from the mango holds tightly to the seed, slide a large sharp knife into the fruit and cut along the seed. Turn and repeat on the other side of the seed. Next, using the small paring knife, make parallel cuts on the mango, about 1 inch apart, but not through the skin. Invert the skin, so the diamonds stand out and carefully slice each diamond from the skin. Another way to slice a mango after it has been cut away from the seed is to peel it with the peeler or paring knife, then slice.
More For You
- Easy Holiday Decorating Ideas
- Room Color Ideas
- Fun and Easy Christmas Party Ideas from Better Homes and Gardens
- Delicious Easter Brunch Recipes
- 20 Ways to Add Curb Appeal
- Easy Window Treatment Projects
- Must-Grow New Perennials for 2013
- Healthy Dinner Recipes Under $3
- 24 Ideas to Steal for Your Apartment
- Our Favorite Real-Life Bedrooms