How to Peel and Devein Shrimp
See our easy method for deveining a shrimp and removing its shell.
To devein and peel shrimp, use a paring knife to make a shallow slit along the back from the head end to the tail end. Peel the shell back in away leaving the tail if desired. Now, look for the black vein that runs along the center of the back. If the vein is there, use your fingers or the tip of the knife to carefully remove and discard it removing the vein under running water maybe easier for some cooks.
More For You
- Delightful Christmas Cookie Gifts
- Easy Holiday Decorating Ideas
- Room Color Ideas
- Holiday Decor That Lasts from Thanksgiving to Christmas from Better Homes and Gardens
- Nature Crafts for Your Winter Table - Better Homes & Gardens - BHG.com
- Fun and Easy Christmas Party Ideas from Better Homes and Gardens
- 8 Tips to Sleep Better
- 10 Healthy Recipes on a Dime
- Christmas Card Projects: Decorative Ways to Recycle Christmas Cards from Better Homes and Gardens