How to Roast and Peel Sweet Peppers
Learn how to make delicious roasted peppers in your oven.
To roast sweet peppers, place pepper halves cut side down on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until skins are blistered and dark, or broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 8 to 10 minutes. Immediately fold the foil into an airtight package. Let stand about 20 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Steaming is the key to softening the skins, making it easier to peel the peppers, so try not to be tempted to skip the 20-minute standing time. To peel the peppers, use a sharp knife to loosen the edges of the skins from the peppers, then peel them off.
More For You
- Delicious Easter Brunch Recipes
- 20 Ways to Add Curb Appeal
- Easy Window Treatment Projects
- Must-Grow New Perennials for 2013
- Healthy Dinner Recipes Under $3
- 24 Ideas to Steal for Your Apartment
- Our Favorite Real-Life Bedrooms
- Fabulous Furniture Makeovers
- Fun-to-Make Easter Treats
- Top New Blue, Pink, and Purple Annuals for 2013