Convert an ordinary bookcase into locker-style storage for your mudroom.
Locker-style storage is ideal for an entry area or mudroom. Convert an ordinary bookcase into something extraordinary with these easy add ons. Store off season items up high in lidded boxes. Note the contents of each box with miniature chalkboards. Use a classroom-style display rail to hold reminders and notes. Remove a few shelves from the bookcase and add hooks. Hang coats, books, and bags. A cafeteria tray is the perfect spot to drop wallets and sunglasses. Paint one side of the cabinet with high gloss paint and leave messages using dry erase markers. Hang keys from labeled hooks. Attach a magnetic memo board to the side of the bookcase for important bits of paper. Stash odds and ends in a three-drawer office supply caddy. Pull-style tabs let you label the contents of drawers and re-label them as your need change. Dry shoes and boots on metal cooling racks that rest on top of a large plastic tray. Make locker-style storage a part of your on-the-go lifestyle today.
More For You
- Do-It-Yourself Decorating Ideas: Fabulous Furniture Makeovers
- 9 Beautiful Bookcase Makeovers
- DIY Furniture Transformations
- Bedroom Storage Solutions
- Furniture Projects
- Tips for Arranging & Organizing Bookshelves
- Creative Ways to Create an In-Home Library
- Easy Sewing Projects
- Stylish Budget Decorating
- 19 Ideas to Steal for Your Apartment: Ideas for Apartments, Condos, and Rentals