Snacks For The Road
Feel like you spend your day driving kids around? Make it more fun by bringing these surprising snack ideas along for the ride!
-Better Homes and Gardens is pleased to partner with General Mills to bring you the fun snacks video series. Whether you want to grab them and go or settle in and enjoy, Better Homes and Gardens has some fabulous fun snacks for you to try. We all spend a lot of time in our cars especially busy parents, so what can you served up during all that drive time? Try these take-along ideas. For a long road trip, this idea is [unk] fun. Use Fruit Roll-Ups to make bite-sized fruit sushi. Spread the Roll-Up with some peanut butter. Don't go all the way to the edges because it will tend to squish out when you cut it. Then wrap that around a banana. Roll it up tight and slice it in to sushi slices. You can dip the cut sizes in some shredded coconut to look like rice on your sushi. Pack the pieces in a re-sealable plastic bag or a reusable container. Another fun idea, are these fruit pockets. Start by taking a little bit of Trail Mix or Snack Mix and placing it in the center, then fold the edges to make a pocket, and tie it all up with all [unk]. No wrappers to toss. And finally, if your kids love pigs in a blanket, why not try cheese in a blanket. Simply wrap up a stick of your favorite cheese with a piece of Fruit Roll-Up. Great for snacking on the go. All these ideas should keep kids and parents happy while they're on the road.
More For You
- Do-It-All Car Organizers: 8 Products to Never Leave Home Without
- Delicious Easter Brunch Recipes from Better Homes & Gardens
- 20 Ways to Add Curb Appeal
- Window Treatment and Curtain Projects -- BHG.com -- Better Homes and Gardens
- 20 Healthy Dinner Recipes Under $3
- 19 Ideas to Steal for Your Apartment: Ideas for Apartments, Condos, and Rentals
- Must-Grow New Varieties of Perennials for 2013
- Do-It-Yourself Decorating Ideas: Fabulous Furniture Makeovers
- Our Favorite Real-Life Bedrooms
- Fun-to-Make Easter Treats