Healthy & Delicious Snacks
Make snack time count by making healthy AND delicious choices, like these three easy ideas.
-Better Homes and Gardens is pleased to partner with General Mills to bring you the Fun Snacks Video Series. Whether you want to grab them and go, or settle in and enjoy, Better Homes and Gardens has some fabulous, fun snacks for you to try. Healthy snacks tend to get a bad rep. No flavor, no fun. Well, these quick ideas are healthy and delicious. Bars like these are a great way to sneak some nutrition into snack time. They're full of fiber, which helps you feel full longer. Fiber is also great for digestion and heart health. Eat them plain, use them instead of a spoon to eat your favorite yogurt, or crumble them up like granola and sprinkle them into yogurt. Add a little fresh fruit for a health parfait. Fruit's another great source of fiber and nutrients, and this fruit sundae is easy and a little unexpected. Create a fruit salad from your favorites: strawberries, apples, bananas, kiwi, peaches. Drop a little marshmallow in the cone to prevent any leaves, and spoon that into a waffle cone. Pure some strawberries and then drizzle that over the fruit. Trail mix is another great healthy snack, especially if you make it yourself so you can control the ingredients. Start with some nuts. Walnuts and almonds are a good choice. Toss in some seeds. Try sunflower or pumpkin seeds. Add in some dried fruits for a touch of sweetness. Try dried pineapple, cranberries, cherries, apricots, or raisins, or, a mix of all of them. Use the ingredients in equal proportion for a healthy, crunchy treat. Healthy, delicious, and easy----what could be better?
More For You
- Easy Healthy Appetizer Recipes
- Dr. Mehmet Oz's Guide to Preventing a Heart Attack
- Top 10 Fruits for Your Heart Health - BHG.com
- Best Healthy Frozen Foods - BHG.com
- 25-Minute Healthy Dinner Recipes
- 20 Sweet Snacks for 50 Calories or Less
- Slow Cooker Soup and Stew Recipes - Beef Stew, Chicken, Bean Soup, More - BHG.com
- Healthy Chocolate Recipes
- How to Decorate a Living Room - Better Homes and Gardens - BHG.com
- Quick & Easy Party Food Appetizers - BHG.com