Measuring Brown Sugar
The granular nature and moistness of brown sugar make it a little sticky to accurately measure. It's really just a matter of packing it properly: See how here.
To measure brown sugar, use nested metal or plastic dry measuring cups. The top edge of the cups are flat to allow excess dry ingredients to be leveled off. Press the brown sugar firmly into a dry measuring cup. Use a straight edge such as a spatula or knife to level the top. The brown sugar should hold the shape of the cup when it's turned out.
More For You
- Easy Holiday Decorating Ideas
- Nature Crafts for Your Winter Table - Better Homes & Gardens - BHG.com
- Delightful Christmas Cookie Gifts
- 10 Healthy Recipes on a Dime
- Tips to Lower Cholesterol
- 8 Tips to Sleep Better
- No-Fuss Holiday Buffet
- Buying a Christmas Tree to Plant
- Christmas Cookie Recipes - Sugar Cookies, Almond Cookies, More - BHG.com